Saturday, February 13, 2016

Open My Eyes



Tomorrow, we start a new Lenten series... 
"Open My... "   

          This week -- eyes


John 9:

As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man who had been blind from birth.    
 "We must quickly carry out the tasks assigned us by the one who sent us.  
           Night is coming, and then no one can work.   
                 While I am here in the world, I am the light of the world."

Then he spit on the ground, made mud with the saliva, and spread the mud over the blind man's eyes.    He told him, "Go wash yourself in the pool of Siloam".
   
The man went and washed 
                                                        and came back seeing!


People who knew him asked the beggar, 
         "Who healed you?         What happened?"

He told them 
            "The man they call Jesus made mud and spread it over my eyes 
                                      and told me, 'Go to the pool and wash yourself.' 
                                                            So I went and washed…   
                                                                               and now….  I see! "







Open My eyes, Lord, open my eyes!



“Do you want to see?”

Robert Powell as Jesus


Yes I do!” 

“…Do you want to see?...”

“… yes”

   “Then you shall see.    
     You shall see.
  Open your eyes… and see the world…    not just as it is… 
        the joy and pain of the world,
            the ignorance and deceit,
      the love and the fear,
         the humility of some…
            and the pride of others... 
               Beauty and destruction...
...You shall see...  you shall see...

But you shall also see the world as it can be.... 
   a New World!  
      A New Day!
         A New Humanity! 
             A New Kingdom!

May your open eyes bring a new vision!
May your open eyes bless you... 
              and the world!"














No comments: